Everything You Need To Know About YOGAMIGOS’ Mobile Classes For Pilates
Half the battle of attending regular pilates classes is the whole aspect of making time in your busy schedule to physically get yourself to the session. Who’s got the time to drive through traffic to the gym, right?! The YOGAMIGOS team is committed to making pilates simple and accessible for everyone, which is why our pilates mobile instructors will come to you! We have over 100 dedicated teachers who will drive to your location to run corporate classes, pilates for school students, sessions in aged care facilities, and private sessions with individuals or groups. So, let’s take a closer look at our mobile pilates sessions.
The Many Benefits Of Regular Pilates Sessions
Pilates as an exercise was developed to strengthen the core muscles as well as improve flexibility and balance. There are so many benefits associated with regular sessions.
- Tone and strengthen muscles. Regular pilates sessions build physical strength, using various movements, techniques, and exercises to activate key muscle groups, particularly in the core.
- Decrease stress and anxiety. Pilates incorporates relaxing breathing techniques that help calm the mind when feelings of stress and anxiety arise. They help people learn to self-soothe and better regulate emotional responses.
- Improved flexibility. The frequent stretching throughout a pilates session will gradually see your flexibility improvising dramatically.
- Better posture. Whether you’re young or old, you likely wish you had better posture to prevent recurring back problems. Pilates sessions focus on core strength, encouraging the straightening of the back and the realignment of the spine.
- Reduced stiffness and soreness. Pilates promotes blood circulation, which alleviates chronic or acute joint and muscle pain.
Why You Should Hire A Pilates Mobile Instructor
While it might be tempting to do pilates on your own, there are several advantages to organising a pilates mobile instructor with YOGAMIGOS.
- Wherever you need us, we’re there! A huge benefit to hiring a mobile instructor is that you can hold your pilates session wherever it suits you! At home, in the office, at a local park, as long as there’s room for you and your group to move comfortably, we can run a pilates class wherever you’d like.
- We’re the experts in delivering high-quality pilates sessions. Our team of pilates mobile teachers are all qualified, specialised professionals. We’re experienced at teaching workplace pilates, school groups, aged care residents, and private groups, so no matter who’s in the class, we can tailor the session to meet their needs. We can also answer any questions you might have about how pilates works, why pilates works, or what you need to do to step up your pilates game!
- We’ll help you get your technique right from the beginning. When you do pilates with the incorrect technique, you might not be getting the full benefit of that particular exercise. At worst, you run the risk of injuring yourself. Your YOGAMIGOS teacher can help you perfect your technique so you can continue practising safely.
- Our classes are a ton of fun. The YOGAMIGOS team don’t take ourselves too seriously, so we try to keep our sessions engaging and fun for everyone! Whether you’re a Pilates beginner or a seasoned expert, you’ll love taking part in our sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pilates
As experts in pilates, our team is often asked all kinds of questions about the classes and pilates in general. We decided to share some of the most commonly asked questions here.
- Can pilates help me lose weight?
- Pilates shouldn’t be your only form of exercise if your goal is to lose weight. It’s highly effective in building up and toning muscle, but if you’re looking to shed a lot of weight, try incorporating pilates classes with other forms of cardio like running or swimming.
- Will pilates build muscle?
- Yes, pilates is specifically designed for building and toning muscle, especially in the core. If you’re looking for tighter glutes or a set of abs, Pilates is a fantastic option.
- What should I wear to a pilates class?
- We’d suggest wearing clothing you can move comfortably in. Some yoga leggings and activewear tops are a good option. If you have long hair, make sure to tie it back, so it’s not in your way.
- Can I do pilates pregnant/postnatal?
- As with any form of exercise when pregnant, make sure you consult with your doctor before jumping into a class. However, Pilates is a low-impact exercise, so it’s typically safe for you to do throughout your pregnancy.
- How long will I need to do pilates to notice a difference?
- According to Joseph Pilates (the inventor of pilates), “In 10 sessions you’ll feel better, in 20 you will look better, and in 30 you’ll have a whole new body,”. If you’re doing 2-3 YOGAMIGOS sessions a week, it’ll take anywhere from 10-12 weeks to notice a real difference.
- Will I be sore after a pilates session?
- If you’re new to pilates, or any exercise, your muscles will probably be a little sore 1-3 days after your session. However, as time goes on, your muscles will become stronger, and it’ll take more intense workouts to give you the same ache as when you began.
- If I live remotely/rurally, is there a YOGAMIGOS session for yoga or pilates near me?
- Our 50 pilates mobile instructors do their best to bring their wonderful classes to as many people as possible, but some quiet corners of this beautiful country are a little bit too out of the way for a face-to-face session. However, we offer Zoom classes online, so wherever you are, you can participate in a YOGAMIGOS pilates class! Our Zoom classes are perfect for large groups and one-on-one lessons, so make sure you enquire about them today!
- How do I get started with a YOGAMIGOS pilates class?
- Figure out when and where you’d like to hold your session, and our YOGAMIGOS team will take care of the rest! Contact us today to find out more about our prices.
If You’d Like To Learn More About Pilates, YOGAMIGOS Would Love To Work With You!
At YOGAMIGOS, we believe that yoga, mindfulness, and pilates should be accessible for all Australians. That’s why we began our mobile yoga, pilates, and mindfulness business in 2012. Now, we’re proud to have a team of 100 mobile instructors across the country. We have plenty of experience offering yoga, pilates, and mindfulness sessions to clients of all ages, from the little ones right through to our senior citizens. Because YOGAMIGOS have mobile instructors, we can bring our classes to you. We can also provide our classes online. Whether you’d like to organise a corporate pilates session in your workplace or you’d like to plan a private pilates session, your wonderful YOGAMIGOS instructor is ready to share their love of yoga, pilates, and mindfulness to help you get more out of your day. If you’re interested in booking a pilates session, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today!